I will warn that it is very spicy. If you don’t like it quite so spicy, you can tone it down by using regular chili powder instead of the chipotle pepper powder.
- "Dorito Taco Bread":
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1 tsp kosher or sea salt
- 2 tsps chipotle chili powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 8 oz. organic (preferably raw) old cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 organic free range egg
- 1 lb grass fed ground beef
- 2 tbsps chili powder
- 1/2 – 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tsps cumin
- 1/2 tsp onion powder or 1/4 grated yellow onion
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsps oregano
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1/2 cup filtered water
- 3 tbsps salsa (optional)
- Additional toppings:
- Organic Sour Cream
- Black Olives
- Shredded Lettuce
- "Dorito Taco Bread"
- Combine all dry ingredients (including grated cheddar) in a bowl.
- In a smaller bowl, whisk egg; then combine it with the dry ingredients.
- Knead the mixture with hands to ensure proper distribution of ingredients. Form the "dough" into a ball.
- Instead of making it into bread, simply press it into a pie plate as evenly as possible.
- Bake until slightly browned (10-15 minutes).
- Set it aside and make the taco pie filling.
- Brown ground beef then and add spice mixture, water and salsa if desired. Cook for about 5 more minutes.
- Pour into the prepared crust.
- Top with shredded raw, organic cheddar cheese and bake at 350 for about 15 minutes.